Put your name and email in to the box below. Subscribers get all our best stuff.
*Remember to head over to your email inbox and confirm, too!
Allergy check – Gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free & sugar-free (choose dairy-free, sugar-free chocolate).
Difficulty level – beginner
Coconut is a much loved ingredient in the ‘paleo-world’ because of it’s high fat content. Not only that, it comes in so many different yummy forms – coconut milk, coconut oil, coconut water.
And now we bring you a healthy coconut chocolate bar!
Ingredients (makes 15):
- 200g shredded (desiccated) coconut
- 7 tbsp coconut oil
- 7 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp butter
- 300g dark chocolate (the higher the cacao content the better)
- Frying pan
- 8 by 8 inch baking tray
- Baking paper
- Chopping board & knife
- Bowl (to melt the chocolate)
- Cooking tongs
1. In a frying pan melt 4 tbsp of butter and pour in your shredded coconut (make sure the heat is on lowest). Mix well and then add 7 tbsp coconut oil – stir well. Finally, add in your honey. Keep mixing until the shredded coconut has soaked up most of the moisture.
2. Line your baking tray with baking paper and pour in the coconut mixture. Using the back of a tbsp press the mixture down into the tray as hard as you can until the coconut is tightly compact. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
3. Remove from the fridge and lay the block out on to a chopping board. The mixture should be solid.
4. Cut the coconut slices into 15 blocks or 10 longer bars (your preference).
5. In a microwaveable bowl break up your chocolate bars into squares and place in the microwave for 40 seconds. Take it out, stir, and place back in for 10 seconds. Stir after every 10 seconds until smooth (chocolate can burn very easily).
6. Using some cooking tongs, pick one coconut slice up at a time, dunk it in the melted chocolate until fully covered and then lay it out on a baking sheet.
7. Once they are all done, refrigerate for 2 hours. Store them in a sealed container in the fridge and indulge.
This recipe is part of our ‘6 week challenge to better health’ – as part of the course you have access to The Dungeon where we are constantly adding new recipes and workouts.
Add us on snapchat: paleocastle to see what goes on behind the scenes and for a first-look at new recipes.