Put your name in to the box below. Subscribers get all of our best stuff.
*Remember to head over to your inbox and confirm, too!
Paleo Castle Chocolate Crepe
Allergy check – Gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free (use dairy free choc)
Difficulty level – beginner
I made so many pancakes this Shrove Tuesday, and I figured I’d push the boat out and make a special chocolate-filled crepe for you all!
I recommend using at least 70% dark chocolate for these pancakes. Preferably you want to be aiming for 85% but no rush, it takes time to work your way up and adjust to the bitter taste – but trust me, you WILL adjust! I couldn’t stand 85% when I first went paleo but now I’m addicted!
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1/4 large banana
- 1 medium egg
- 1/2 tsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 large banana
- 3 squares dark chocolate
- Optional: a drizzle of honey & a sprinkle of cinnamon for added joy
- Frying pan x2
- Microwaveable mug (for melting coconut oil)
- Blender (or a whisk)
1.Melt your coconut oil in a mug until it turns to a liquid (it should only take about 20 seconds) and then add it into you blender with the banana and the egg:
2. Slice up the banana that will be used as the topping and fry in some coconut/olive oil on a low heat for 2-3 minutes (flipping halfway through).
3. Straight after you have put your bananas on, pour your mixture into a frying pan and swirl about so it spreads out thinly. Fry on a medium heat for 1-2 minutes each side.
Tip – make sure you oil your pan before pouring in your mixture and spread the oil about. Also make sure to use a non-stick pan so you will easily be able to flip the pancake over.
4. Once cooked, turn the pan off but leave your pancake in the pan so it stays hot whilst you melt your chocolate.
To melt the chocolate simply break 3 squares off (I used an 85% dark chocolate) and place in a mug. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir, 10 seconds, stir and so on until fully melted.
5. Lay your pancake out on a plate and spread the chocolate down the middle like so…
Make sure to save some of the chocolate to drizzle over the top
6. Simply roll your pancake up and lay it flat on your plate ready for the toppings
7. Lay your banana slices down the crepe
8. Using a tsp drizzle the melted chocolate back and forth over the crepe. Add a drizzle of honey and a dash of cinnamon if you wish to add more joy.
See more pancake recipes here.
This recipe is part of our ‘6 week challenge to better health’ – as part of the course you have access to The Dungeon where we are constantly adding new recipes and workouts.
Add us on snapchat or Instagram @paleocastle to see what goes on behind the scenes and for a first-look at new recipes.